Nuance Energy’s CEO and Founder Interviewed by Resource World Magazine
The use of solar energy in a hybrid “power plant” or microgrid has the ability to mitigate these and other issues associated with the use and transport of diesel fuel. The Osprey PowerPlatform goes even further than traditional ground mount solar systems to also address some related issues, including longevity of the asset, financing, deployment and decommissioning.
Life of Mine: The fact is, businesses are reluctant to invest in a ground mount solar system when the life of themine,or oil or gas field is uncertain. The unique ability to Lift & Shift™ the entire Osprey Power Platform enables its redeployment elsewhere, thus eliminating the risk associated with stranding any assets should the site not—or no longer—produce.
Getting the Money: By eliminating the risk of stranding costly solar assets at an abandoned site, the Osprey’s Lift & Shift capability affords another major and unprecedented advantage: It makes it possible to secure financing under a power purchase agreement (PPA) for a mobile mining microgrid.
Green In: Because the Osprey is assembled using only basic handheld power tools, there is no need for large equipment to be hauled on site for pile-driving, excavating, pouring concrete, etc., all of which require more diesel fuel. In most instances, given a relatively level area devoid of trees or brush vegetation, a single Osprey PowerPlatform can be fully assembled, including with the solar panels, in less than four man-hours.
Green Out: At the end of the project, the Osprey can be untethered from the ground and transported elsewhere with virtually nothing left behind. No stranded assets. No costly decommissioning effort. Simply lift, then shift.
PR Bonus Benefit: Working with the community. Because assembly of the Osprey involves mostly minimally-skilled labor and no special equipment, the business or its EPC contractor is able to source labor locally and thus engage in a positive manner with the local community.
For those interested, Nuance Energy’s website has more information about Solar Power for Mining, as well as about another application that benefits from the Osprey’s unique Lift & Shift capability: Solar for Disaster Preparedness & Response.
To learn more about our complete range of turnkey solar solutions for you project, schedule a free consultation with the Nuance Energy team today.
- Why You Should Consider “Auditing” Your Ground-Mount Racking
- How to Continue Installing Ground Mount Solar During the Harsh Winter – Even in Frozen Ground
- How Earth Anchor Technology Simplifies Ground-Mounted Solar
- The Faster, Smarter, and Cheaper Way to Install Ground-Mounted Solar
- Another Month, Another Cover Story | Solar for Campgrounds
- Nuance Energy’s CEO and Founder Interviewed by Resource World Magazine
- Osprey Honored as Top Product by Solar Power World
- The Osprey: Perfection Through Evolution | Nuance Energy Group
- Helping to Power Puerto Rico
- The Osprey PowerPlatform® Revolutionizing Ground Mount Solar for Previously “Off Limits” Sites